Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Aaj Maine Ek Billi Ka Rasta Kata!!!


It was the evening twilight when I was returning home from a tiring schedule, doing nothing but thinking what to do. Contemplating over a dead coffee, after all, is what I have been thrown to by circumstances. And believe me, there’s a whole lot of effort required to find ‘nothing’ to mull over after a long stressful mental workout. Anyways, the sunlight had gone lifeless, and the trees had gone to sleep by the time I reached my apartment building. The wind that is believed to confer bereavement on account of tsunami, refused to exist. It was getting colder than the coldest. A shuttle cock lay unattended in the courtyard in search of someone to lend a hand to. There were about a ton of wheels screwed to the steel bodies moulded to serve the mighty creation of the almighty as a wagon. Lifeless, they stood erect as if an epitaph to the deceived. Everything looked like frozen in time. And with me, like the only thing walking alive on the planet, it looked like I had made it to come to a stand still. It was only a few graves away from my apartment that I realised to have forgotten to pick up my apartment keys from where I work – the cemeteries of London. Having a clear vision as to what to do next, I turned about.
As I was about to thump my heavy foot on the helpless concrete floor, I wasn’t prepared for what came running across my area of vision. It was a cat. Something that showed signs of change from its earlier position. It was so full of life that for a moment I forgot that everything else had denied to participate in the celebration- the birth of the idea of a company amidst all the dead. It pounced out of the fences and ran away as if not willing to share the thought. I stopped there and wondered if it was my otherwise human attire that frightened it or is the idea of everything coming to a halt really my fault. I wasn’t done thinking with this when another thought hit me hard. Oops, I might have just intersected a cat’s way. I might have just brought bad luck to the poor creature who, on the other hand, brought to me a healing touch for my loneliness on the planet. What should I do now? What can I do now? What am I entitled to do now? Nothing, but to start believing that it is surely me who is responsible for everything around to actually become lifeless. It is me who decided for the fate of that otherwise fortuitous creature.
Oh, but how could that be true! I am a human and it would have been a bad omen if it had happened the other way round. But no, it isn’t the case. We can’t be ominous to any other race or form of life. May be because, we are blessed with something that no other creature possesses. Or is it because we think that we are blessed with the superiority? People believing in such superstitions tend to forget that even they could have been posing a serious threat to these speechless creatures and then never bothering its legitimacy. How far are we correct in seeing this world to be for our own good and trying to mould and change everything to benefit our deeds. By the name of Genetic Modifications we tried to manipulate the way crops grow. So that we could harvest anything at the time we want it and not when it is meant to be. So now we can have an orange even in the summers, we can now ask for the mangoes to be sweeter.
I remember a stand up comedian praising United States on one of his shows. He said he went to a store there and saw a packet labelled “Orange Powder”. The instructions said “just add water to get fresh juice.” He took it with a little surprise and moved on. Next was a carton labelled “Milk Powder” and the instructions again were “just add water to get milk.” Surprised again, he moved on and this time came across a carton with the label “Baby Powder”, and started yelling America is great!!

7 comments:

  1. i started reading it trying to critically analyse it but soon i was so engrossed and so much enjoyed in reading this that my critic died...........very nice piece of thought with good satirical humor........this composition is awesome mate........do lemme know bout ur future entries........

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure dude, just thought you might be interested. didn't expect a quick reply as this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicely written :) way too many adjectives and HI-FI english words were beginning to make it a bit boring :P but then the story caught on, and it ended on a nice note :)

    for a first entry on the blog, yeah, i liked it :) keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent piece of work dude!!...very nicely framed and written, although, i agree with DD in keeping it a bit simple the next time....aur saale, 2009 ka blog mujhe ab bataya....online kyun nahi ata ab?....what's the update??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloody HELL!!!WHATS WRONG WITH YOU MAN???WE WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO USE THE GRE KNOWLEDGE AFTER THE TEST!!!lolzzzz.. ITS AMMMMMMMMMAAZZZZZZING!!!! Jahanpana tussi great ho, tohfa kabool karo..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ manyu:
    dhanyavad ji.. i sent u the link earlier also, may be u got a little too busy with your semester papers. anyways, i sent it the next time to make sure u get to read it at least once and let me know that i m not a solitary reaper.
    @ Suku:
    hahaha yeah, quite possibly but yaar aur koi word fit hi nahi hota ajkal in words k baad se. feel kind of impaired without them... tohfa kubul hai, kubul hai, kubul hai alam-panah-e-khas. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. all i can say is..
    i cud picture you being there..
    nice work..
    keep on writing..
    its a great escape!!
    seemant

    ReplyDelete